What is Metal Stamping?
Stamping is a method of forming a workpiece (stamping part) of a desired shape and size by applying an external force to a plate, a strip, a pipe, a profile, and the like by a press and a die to cause plastic deformation or separation. Stamping and forging are the same plastic processing (or pressure processing), collectively called forging. The stamped blanks are mainly hot rolled and cold rolled steel sheets and strips. Of the world's steel, 60 to 70% are sheets, most of which are stamped into finished products.
Terada Stamping Advantages
1. Terada's stamping products are mainly produced by combination molds, which can better ensure the accurate size, efficient production and low price of the products.
2. Terada's stamping die has a short mold opening time and a fast sample time, which can give customers better delivery time.
3. Terada has more than 20 years of stamping experience and can process a wide range of products to meet the needs of different customers.
How to stamping?
Stamping processing is the production technology of product parts that are deformed and deformed directly in the mold by means of the power of conventional or special stamping equipment to obtain a certain shape, size and performance. Sheets, molds and equipment are the three elements of stamping. According to the stamping processing temperature, it is divided into hot stamping and cold stamping. The former is suitable for sheet processing with high deformation resistance and poor plasticity; the latter is carried out at room temperature, which is a common stamping method for thin sheets. It is one of the main methods of metal plastic processing (or pressure processing) and is also part of material forming engineering technology.
The mold used for stamping is called a stamping die, or a die for short. Dies are special tools for batch processing materials (metal or non-metal) into the required punches. Dies are essential in stamping. There are no dies that meet the requirements. Batch stamping production is difficult to carry out; without advanced dies, advanced stamping processes cannot be achieved. The stamping process and the mold, stamping equipment and stamping materials constitute the three elements of stamping processing, and only when they are combined with each other can the stamping parts be obtained.
(1) The stamping process has high production efficiency and is easy to operate, and is easy to mechanize and automate. This is because the stamping relies on die and stamping equipment to complete the processing. The number of strokes of ordinary presses can reach dozens of times per minute, and the high-speed pressure can reach hundreds or even thousands of times per minute, and each press stroke is Maybe get a punch.
(2) Since the die guarantees the size and shape accuracy of the stamping part during stamping, and generally
does not damage the surface quality of the stamping part, and the life of the die is generally long, the quality of the stamping is stable, the interchangeability is good, and it has “the same”. Characteristics.
(3) Stamping can process parts with large size range and complex shape, such as the second hand from small clocks, to the longitudinal beam of the car, the cover, etc., plus the cold deformation hardening effect of the material during stamping, the strength of the stamping and The stiffness is high.
(4) Stamping generally has no chip scraps, less material consumption, and no need for other heating equipment. Therefore, it is a material-saving and energy-saving processing method, and the cost of stamping parts is low.